Zone 91
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brokeback Mountain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakue
Level 5
Level 5
Drakue

Badges : Brokeback Mountain LetterHdg Brokeback Mountain Paintbrush Brokeback Mountain Retro-Question-Cloud-icon

Warning Level : Brokeback Mountain WarningBar-Gloss6sharp

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:05 pm

So we've all heard of it, but I've never actually seen it. I've seen a lot of parodied moments, but never the movie. I have seen it re-enacted in 30 seconds by bunnies, but I have not in fact seen the movie.

Well, I'm (illegally!) torrenting it right now, so I'll let you all know what I think afterwards! Feel free to leave a responce as to how you saw the movie, as I will not look upon this thread again untill I've watched it.

Y'know. Spoilers. ;D
Back to top Go down
Jakethefalcon
Level 5
Level 5
Jakethefalcon

Badges : Brokeback Mountain LetterHdg Brokeback Mountain Event_invite16

Warning Level : Brokeback Mountain WarningBar-Gloss1

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:17 pm

I've never seen it..
Tell me what you think when your done..
Back to top Go down
https://zone91.forumotion.com
Drakue
Level 5
Level 5
Drakue

Badges : Brokeback Mountain LetterHdg Brokeback Mountain Paintbrush Brokeback Mountain Retro-Question-Cloud-icon

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Welp. I did not expect that.

Over the years I have watched thousends of movies, and I've been through a lot of emotional times. No movies even phase me anymore, they might make me smile or laugh occasionally, maybe once or twice I'll feel scared, but that's about it.

So for a movie to make me fucking cry, that's quite an acheivement. Brokeback mountain would be considered a great movie in the 90's, even though it was made in um... 2005. Yeah.

There's a lot of mumbling and a lot of awkward moments that don't entirely make sense, but overall it's actually an alright movie. All things considered.

But my GOD is it rushed. Sometimes it simply skips entire scenes! I remember a fair few that simple cut out in the middle.
WARNING, ACTUAL SPOILER:

It's weird, uncomfortable, but I'll be damned if it didn't make me cry a 'lil. I suggest watching it, if only so that you've seen it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to beat a shark to death to get my mochoism back...
Back to top Go down
Felixxilef
Level 4
Level 4
Felixxilef

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:53 am

I studied the book when I studied short fiction. It is a sad story. I would like to watch the film.
Back to top Go down
Drakue
Level 5
Level 5
Drakue

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Then you should, felix! It's well worth it, I promise you that.
Back to top Go down
Felixxilef
Level 4
Level 4
Felixxilef

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Cool, I probably will. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brokeback Mountain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zone 91 :: Entertainment :: Movies & TV-
Jump to: